..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Monday, May 5, 2008

Back in the sewing room!

After a quiet morning of folding the laundry and walking the dogs I got back into my sewing room.

I had finished a baby quilt for my cousin and his wife, but needed to put the label on. They are 47 and 39, and this is their first child. Better them than me! I couldn't do it at that age... They are indeed blessed and happy!



I also worked on the applique pieces for a wall-quilt for my brother and sister-in-law's 25th anniversary gift. They are avid outdoors people. Some of the applique pieces are from the Quilt Sampler Magazine Spring/Summer 2005, the Sugar Pine Company's "Northern Neighbors" pattern. Other pieces are from a new book I bought in the States last week. "Quilting the Great Outdoors" by Debbie Field for Granola Girl Designs. A wonderful book!


After much standing and bending over the ironing board, the back and shoulders are sore, thus it is time to sit, and plan for what tomorrow will bring...

Goodnight all!
Myra

No comments: