..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Thursday, October 2, 2008

What can I tell ya all today... ?

Today I forced myself out of bed at 9AM...(what can I say, I'm not a morning person, and been having trouble sleeping in the wee hours of the morning, thus sleeping late) ....and out the door with the fur-girls for an early (for us) 45 minute walk, because I was expecting a stitching friend to join me today, and I wanted to be ready.

So, last night I thought to make
another part to the giveaway today, and do some more stitch ripping on those curtain panels and see if I could get stitching on them.

I was going to make another tutorial out of this little sewing kit that I made "from
scratch", but was soooo busy yacking with stitch friend that I forgot all about taking photos during it's progression. Similar to this Tute, only from scratch... Oh well... Next time!

I don't know what got into the fur-girls today...or at least one of them! I had 3 fights to break up within a 1/2 hour after friend came in... One of those days I guess?!

DD2 comes in after work and says, "What's all this? Where am I supposed to put my stuff?" when she sees the table piled with my sewing needs of the day... I told her, as per usual, to bring it all downstairs where she spends most of her time when home... 2 more weeks! ... 2 more weeks! 8-)

Some of the comments on my giveaway post have brought me to some very interesting blogs, and today brought me to 3 new blogs... THREE!!! Thus, I share them with you now to welcome them aboard... Terri of Terri's Bits and Pieces, Anna of Quiltmom's Journey, and Jen of My Little Craft Corner. Congrats on starting your blogs ladies! 8-)

Also, of interest, is this tutorial and this tutorial to make an apron out of old pants! Ya, I know, I thought "what?" myself when I read that. But check it out! It's cute!

This might explain my "2 more weeks?" comment...

I have 3 birdies. Two girls and a boy. First Girl out of nest 3 years ago, Second Girl has stayed in the nest, Baby Boy was out and back in the nest... Though... First Girl is moving back to the city later this month and asked Second Girl to share the apartment, thus she too shall fly away... Baby Boy says he will be gone before the snow flies, but I don't know...? Could it actually happen? The nest will be empty, but for 2 fur-girls... 8-)

That be it for today... time for supper!

9 comments:

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Looks like you have had a busy day. I like your sewing kit. What a great idea. I will also pop over to the new bloggers and check them out. Thanks for sharing

Brenda said...

I used to have those nights when I got up too early and then had to nap in the afternoon or go back to bed at 6 am. But you seem to make the best use of your time Myra. You always amaze me when I come to visit you and see all that you get done.

em's scrapbag said...

What a fun day with your friend. Cute little sewing kit.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Hi Myra~ that looks like my dining room table set-up! :) You had a busy day. The sewing kit is cute.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Nice way to spend the day. Gotta check out Wonky Bits one of these Thursdays......Love the little sewing kit, too cute for words!

Joyce said...

There is something about an empty nest... it's quiet and you can do what you want without thinking of anyone else, well except for husbands I guess. Lol.

Sipiweske Quilts said...

I really like the scissor sewing kit - you'll have to do a tutorial on that. Empty nesting is great - it's been two years now and just having the house to ourselves and our two furry gals is so less stressful - we still get the stressful phone calls and visits though. Hey? They live closer to you now Myra - maybe they could call you the next time there's a crisis! Just kidding . . . Have a great weekend. - Marlene

Hazel said...

I agree with every one I love having a empty nest ,just hubby and I and one dumb cat LOL .The sewing kit is great and I popped over to that apron site ,how cute is that .

Bugsy said...

The little quilted tote bag is cute! Aren't kids so funny and "helpless"?