..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Friday, October 10, 2008

OK now, time for quilting related things....

I must say thank you to my well wishers. I am indeed feeling a lot better today, I had a good nights sleep... 8-)

I finally broke down and turned the furnace on this morning. Not warm-warm, but just to take the chill off me... I was fairly warm in my PJs, housecoat, socks and slippers (just don't picture it), but my legs were freezing! I think Ruby was cold too as she went to lay in front of the heat vent in the kitchen...She wouldn't dare go back into her kennel to snuggle down into her own warmth like Dora does.... 8-)

Yesterday, I put a link in my post for a tutorial on making a light-box. Well, one of the comments, from friend Katherine (QGB) that I quilt with on Wednesday nights, said that all she does is put a light under her acrylic sewing machine table attachment... Duh! Never even thought of that, but then I haven't worked on anything in a long while that need tracing. What a good idea! Thanks Katherine! 8-)

I have been working on that Sweatshirt Jacket tutorial for you since Wednesday. A little bit everyday... Here is a sneak peak at some of it.... I am hoping to have it finished this long weekend, and then be able to post the tute next week sometime... 8-)

I am also hoping to do my boarders on my Holly Jolly D9-P too... making myself a tall order...for me... I don't really do fast. 8-)

Good news also! Our gas prices have gone down!!!! Yaaaaa....... I think it was up to about $1.39 to $1.49 a liter, and on the news today they say that it has come down to about $1.09 a liter!!! That is a substantial drop...?...Wonder how long it will stay down?

To all our Canadian Bloggers, have a safe and happy Thanks Giving weekend.

5 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Go Myra Go! Hope you get lots of stitching done this long weekend. Glad you're feeling better too, a good night's sleep works wonders....

Joyce said...

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. I often take Cranberry capsules for that problem. They seem to work very quickly.

Ritobear said...

Hi Myra - I'm glad you are feeling better! Isn't it nice that it's cooling off? Well, it's not as cold for us here in Arizona, but still nice :) Happy Fall!!!!

Finn said...

Hey Girl Friend, you are going great guns with all your projects! I think it's wonderful that you got to the "now or never" place with the sweatshirt for mom. I look forward to reading your tutorial.
Sorry I haven't been around much of anywhere this past week, all that birthday goodness you know.
I think it's wonderful that your gas prices are down. Here in the Valley we are still over $3-. I've put off getting gas, hoping it would drop abit more...I'll find out today since I'm running on fumes! Hugs, Finn

em's scrapbag said...

What a great idea for a light table. I'm going to have to remember that.