..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend with DS's GF here...

Well, our weekend with DS's GF staying here has been eventful and interesting. If you've read yesterday's post you know what Saturday was like.

Today, we had another lovely sunny day... For some reason, everyone was up before 8AM. I awoke from all the noise! Only 5 hours sleep for me, but I seem to be functioning ok still...

DH and DD2 did go for the 2-hour drive to store one of the cars. DB-I-L went with them for the drive and visit.

DS and his GF decided they were going to make supper stuff today, which started with a trip to the grocery store. The afternoon started with cheese stuffed Jalopeno peppers for them to munch on while the do prep work.


First they made Spinach Dip to snack on, and boiled eggs and potatoes for Potato salad. After eggs and potatoes were cooled, DS cut it all up and put in all the "add ins" with Mom's instructions. While he did that, GF washed, spun dried, and broke up romaine lettuce for a salad that I said I would make. I prepped the rest for the salad.


Later DS bbq'ed some chicken burgers and veggie burgers (GF vegetarian), while I made the yummy salad (lettuce, peppers - 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, green onions, pecans, dried cranberrys, and a poppy seed dressing) that I had at friend Wk's at Thanks Giving... Hers ended up better in the end, but mine was still good.


I forgot to take a photo of our wonderful meal just after I set it all on the table, but a halfway through shot is good too. The 3 of us were done eating by the time DH and DD2 got back from their day-trip.

Another good part of my day was working on the Sweatshirt Jacket Tutorial again... I had hoped to post it tonight, but I was getting bug-eyed with it, thus thought to edit the rest tomorrow...

Today, when looking at yesterdays damage that was made in the back entrance, DS's GF said to me, "You took that all very well yesterday. My mom would have had a cow with lots of yelling!" 8-) I told her, "there was nothing to get upset about, because I know it will get fixed..." (have I mentioned that my DH is a handy man to have around?) 8-)

I hope you all had an enjoyable day today!

3 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Nice to see DS and girlfriend chip in to make supper! Looking forward to seeing the tutorial....

Joyce said...

The meal looks yummy. I always plan to take a photo too but seldom remember.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great caterer too! Looks very tastfull to me!