..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Monday, October 6, 2008

An Award & The Cook-Top Saga

This "I Love Your Ugly Mug" award has been graciously given to me by Megan of "The Bitchy Stitcher" blog. If you click on the award photo, it should take you to her post about it... While you are there take a look at all the wonderful things she is learning, and has learned to make. You must also do some reading there. Megan makes me laugh!! 8-)

Thanks Megan!

Megan says that this is an award to "honor any blogger who crafts, sews, quilts - you know, makes stuff - no matter how crappy (or how good). A way to say - I like your blog, like your stuff, and I'm pretty sure you have a good sense of humor."

Megan also goes on to say, "Now, all the lovely people whom I have had the pleasure to meet through this humble blog are all very talented and not the least bit ugly, but I am sure they will all take this award in the spirit intended."

Recipients are to pass it on to 3 bloggers that fit that category.

I couldn't pick just 3, so I pass this award on to 5. I know they all have a good sense of humor and should be ok with this unusual award... 8-) Next post....
______________________________

Now, The Cook-Top Saga..

DH took the gas cook-top apart last night to see what the problem was...did I mention he is handy? 8-) It was a loose wire thing that started smoking and caught fire, and it burnt out/zapped the spark component. Hubby said that the other 3 look fine, and we may only need to replace this one, thus we would not have to buy a new cook-top.... depending on the price, and if I really want to stick with a gas one....

I wasn't crazy about this "gas" cook-top when we first bought the house, had never used anything but electric, but was willing to give it a try... I must admit, I have been fairly nervous about it since we moved in...almost a year ago. You know! All the thoughts about going to bed at night and someone not turning the knob off properly , explosions, etc...

DH was on the comp and phone this morning to hunt the spark component down, and guess how much it would cost us!?! This is such a throw away, wasteful world we live in, no wonder the landfills are overloaded with not so old appliances!!! The price is so high, that a person would choose to buy a new cook-top!!! ...$400 just to replace a little thing that fits in the palm of your hand... $400!!!! A new cook-top is $700 to $1,000 plus. I am thinking we are going to change from a gas cook-top, to an electric one... Hubby found one on sale for $800...

Prices never seize to amaze me...

Now I am off to try and make a pot of soup in the oven. Daughter's request, Hamburger Soup...

2 comments:

Donna said...

don't know if it'd help but I have a friend who has a gas appliance in her porch ready to dispose of that the oven no longer works... maybe you could scavenge the peice you need?

Brenda said...

We have used electric for the past 20 years. I have been using the excuse to not cook on the age of the stove (19 years). Well, not the cooking part, but the baking. As long as it still works a little I guess we'll keep it.