..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Good news and more...

First the good news!! For those of you that follow Lilly's blog she has posted today explaining today of her absence... "Glad to hear things are going fairly well now, you are in my prayers Lilly..."

And, this is how I spent my day yesterday...

DD#2 phoned a request for Hamburger Soup for supper, to which I said "Sure!" ...only to then realize I was without my stove-top (as of the day before...check previous posts)... So I thought, OVEN! Had browned the ground beef and onions first, then added the other ingredients and in the oven for a few hours, when the daughter said "why didn't you use your crock-pot?" ...?...Duh!!! 8-)
Hubby has a lead on an electric cook-top at a warehouse for only $425, he will bring a photo of it home for me to see. We shall see what comes of that...

Last week I had stitch ripped my 4 curtain panels from my bedroom, and yesterday I stitched them all together (I don't open them anyway), then I took the length and folded it up on itself and stitched it for a double thickness, turned it right side out, top-stitched it, and hung it up. So, now it provides more privacy, and darkens the room more during the night (we have a streetlight that shines in our window).

Found another new blogger through my giveaway, Vicki of the blog Felines and Firbre Arts, so pop on over to welcome her, and see what she is up to. 8-)

If you are interested in making aprons, check this here out for free patterns.

Check out this an awesome quilt on Cissy's blog!!! It is a quilt from a quilt show that she visited...

I received an email from a friend with this awesome feather artwork!

I have also added some wonderful tutorials to my "Tutorial List" (on my sidebar) that will take you to some wonderful blogs that I follow... Julia's, Gina's, and Em's to name a few....

I must say, my "Followers" list is growing! It is so exciting seeing a new one pop up every so often! I feel very honored. Thanks for letting me know who you are... This gives me some new blogs to follow too... 8-)

1 comment:

Donna said...

wowser. That quilt that you gave a link to is wonderful! and now that I ahve all those apron patterns I really don't have much excuse do I?.... :-)