..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Thursday, January 15, 2009

A stitching visit...

Had a stitching visit at a friend's today. A nice time together brainstorming on her WIP on the display wall... Me? Well I made a mess of what I was doing... More on that below...

Pd made this scenic wall-quilt about 2-3 years ago, but I had not seen the finished product as I was sick the day she brought it for show and tell. It nicely hangs up above a patio door in a room with a cathedral ceiling. Isn't it lovely? The orange/blue batik she used as the background is simply awesome! 8-)

So now, my "mess". I pulled out my scrap hexagon project to work on, happily stitching away today, only to be disappointed with the results once home... I think the photos basically speak for themselves...

Photo of the stitching I did today, and photo of the seam opened up shows my big booboo... 8-/







Photo of how it was supposed to be put together, sewn angle by angle to open flat, and photo of how I actually had it by folding it over and sewing it as is... What a waste of time... Time to rip... It will wait till tomorrow... Then back to the drawing board... 8-/








6 comments:

Gina said...

We've all done something like that so don't worry.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Quilt Pixie said...

sorry for the lost time, but at least its an easy fix :-)

Lilly said...

The landscape quilt your friend made is so pretty. I wish your way of sewing together the hexes would have worked. It would go much faster that way. Reminds me of the time I made some half square triangles trying a different way, and came out with these cone shaped cup like things. I had forgot one of the cuts I was supposed to have made. TTFN...Lilly

call me crazy said...

Aw rippin' is sure no fun! Sorry you have to do some. :-( The hexes are going to be so neat though! And your friend's landscape is very cool. ;-)
Have a good weekend!

Shar said...

Ohhhhh gosh....I've been trying to English paper piece some hexagons..it's very lsow going for me....I wish I knew a better way.

Shar

Faith said...

thats why im not confident sewing on the machine as well i just make one mistakes aftere the other but youve looked at your project and thought about tackling it which is great... i have lots of different projects on the go so that id doesnt feel too boring just working on one. I love the latsest squares project that you are working on reminds me of the colours of Halloween.