..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Some of Myra's bags...

I noticed Jeanne from Luv 2 Stitch had bought herself "The X Bag" pattern, so I mentioned to her that I had made a couple of bags. She asked if the pattern was easy to follow.... hmmmmm?! Well.... that would be hard to say for me. I am one of those people that learns better from seeing things done, than reading a pattern. That is not to say I can't read and follow a pattern, I just have to read it a few times for it to make sense to me. If I recall right, putting the bag together was a bit of a challenge, but once I got the first one done the second one was much easier. As per usual with anything in life, right!? 8-)

This is the photo of the two I made. The one with the turtles was made for my turtle crazy DD#2. She is just about 22 years old and still uses it! 8-) Apparently, girls ask her where she bought it cause they like it....

The brown one I made for myself, out of cotton and cordroy (sp?) but I seldom use it. I am one of those people that carries everything but the kitchen sink in her purse, so I found it on the small side. If I were to make another one for myself I would enlarge the pattern a few inches in width and length... but that is just me. 8-)

Another bag that I made is the "Fat Quarter" bag. A gal at the Carberry Retreat taught a bunch of us how to make it. I used up a good amount of my left over sunflower fabrics from my Sunflower Quilt top. It is amazing how much stuff I can fit into it when going to a day/evening quilt gathering. It makes a great weekend bag to the States too! 8-)

And this sweet little blue jean bag was made from my son's first pair of jeans from when he was 3-4 years old. Ya I saved them... they were sooo cute on him! I call it my Toddy-Butt-Bag. I don't use it, as, once again, it is tooo small, but I do have it hanging on my sewing room wall.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Thanks, Myra! Your X bags are really cute.

Annet said...

Great X-bags Myra. I just love the turtle button!

True Debreuil said...

Love the bags. We drive through Carberry often but I didn't know about the the quilters meeting there. I do know that there is a bakery that makes the best cinnamon rolls I have ever tasted, there but you have to get there early or they are all gone.

Lise said...

Your x bags are beautiful and the other ones too..great idea with the jean one, I love them all....thanks again for sharing your posts... Lise

Donna said...

love how you used a turtle head for the closure on daughter's bag! too cute :-)

Carrie said...

I love your X-bags! I'm going to have to get that pattern. I had to laugh about the kitchen sink. I'm that way too. Every time I downsize I need what I just took out!

I love your blog -- it's fun to see what projects you're working on.