..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Thursday, April 16, 2009

A decision and a visit...

I've decided to go on that "road trip" to get some more of my light fabric for the Picket Fences, so that quilt is on hold. A friend volunteered to tag along with me... 8-)
I shall play with my other blocks on the design wall, since I am not convinced I will sew them together how they are right now... 8-) (link in previous post) I kind of like it on point, though have to balance out the colors some....

My DS, obviously not wanting a photo taken, was over for supper yesterday. A visit from out of the blue, the best kind... 8-)

Since he was here, he helped me with some computer, printer, scanner hookup things, and we watch a few funny You Tube videos... 8-)

Very early this morning he flew to Edmonton to visit with his girlfriend (GF) till Sunday. GF left a month ago for a work related situation that was to see her home by now. Things are going so well out there though, that she may not be home for another month or two. DS was missing her... young love... 8-)

DS called his dad while he was here ( DH is still staying at his friend's 2 hours away), and he suggested I drive DS to the airport. DS laughed at that suggestion cause he knows his mother does not do mornings, especially 4-5am ones... so he took a cab...

Am I the only one that has a hubby that volunteers wifie's/mother's services!?! Drives me nuts!!!

7 comments:

Winona said...

No, you are not the only one. My dh even tries to give my quilts away. LOL Now there, it had to stop. LOL I think it just may be a husband thing. Glad you got to visit with your son. Winona

Ritobear said...

So it is Myra's taxi service? LOL Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Have fun on your fabric field trip!

Lurline said...

Have you just realized God put you on earth to be at everyone's beck and call? Make the most of that road trip - have fun with your friend and indulge yourself - I'm off on a Girlfriends! day out today!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Oh Boy! fabric field trip! Have fun and post pics of your purchases, okay? Glad you had a nice one-on-one visit with your DS.

Julie said...

Yay, a road trip. I told you it would be fun to go and get some more.

Joyce said...

Enjoy your fabric shopping trip. Husbands think that when you are working like a dog in the kitchen, that you are "puttering around". At least mine does.

Winifred said...

My husband volunteers us for babysitting then remembers he is golfing. Just as well I enjoy it. Not the golfing!