..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Thursday, April 2, 2009

An April Finish!

First up is an April Finish...well, start and finish. 8-)
These are the fabrics I finally decided on for my X-Bag...
Made it a tad bigger than my other... I likes it! Yes, Yes! 8-)

Last night, while prepping my fabrics/cut-outs, I set up an extra stitch table in my sewing room. It worked out pretty darn good today... My cousin Dt got here shortly after 11am, and we got right into prepping her fabrics for her very first X-Bag...
Here are the fruits of our labor today...Dt's bag is made of denim, and we learned what not to do with denim. Very bulky sewing... took a lot of trial and error on Dt's part, but she persevered and completed it (minus buttons) before she left at 9pm...
We did take a breather for supper, by ording pizza and a ceasar salad in...
Worked for me!!! Worked for Dt!!! Yum! 8-)

Last night we had a good show of ladies that came out for our quilt evening, but not much for show and tell due to many starts to hand-piecing/quilting projects.

We did have Sd's Carrot Table Topper to look over though!

Great job Sd! Perfect for the Easter table! Isn't it darling?!
Check out the carrot fabric she used for the backing/binding... 8-)

Well, that be it for today from me. It's been a very full day, so it be time to sign out for now... and tomorrow it is time I get caught up on my emails... 8-)


14 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Darling bags Myra and I love the carrot too! How fun to have sewing company for the day!

MGM

Lurline said...

Oh, I'm back home, Myra and reading your blog I can't wait to get to the sewing machine - maybe I should get off this computer! A finish for april and a great one, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Millie said...

Myra, nice bag and well done on the first completed project for April. I just love the carrot table topper. So cute!

Hazel said...

Love your bag I have that pattern around here somewhere I'll have to look for it .Great fabric in yours .

Dolores said...

Oh Myra, those bags are stunning and I think the carrot is such a cute table topper.

May Britt said...

It's a cut bag.
And already a finish in april. Great :)

Brenda said...

Well, a finish for April already!! That is one great way to start the month, and you changed the pattern too! I am glad you like the new size. It is fun to sew with friends, but it always seems to end to soon! We did pizza last night too!
I have seen that carrot pattern!! It would look fun on a table at Easter wouldn't it!! Then in the fall at harvest time or if you had made carrot muffins or cake, have that out then too!! I think it's cute!!
thanks for sharing Myra. I love seeing all the photo's you share. Great way to start the day.

Sipiweske Quilts said...

Oh my! You have been busy again . . . I guess the snow is a bit of a motivator these days :) Your landscape photos look a lot like my window views here . . . it has to go soon, right? Have a great weekend. - Marlene

Brenda said...

Oh...you picked my favorite one! I like the denim one also. I like all things denim. But yes it probably was hard to sew. The carrot top is so cute. I have not seen that pattern before, nor the material. You always seem to get so much accomplished.

Anonymous said...

Very cute runner and wow you're busy! I really like your blog :)

Lilly said...

Love the bag you made! The fabric you chose was my favorite. When I looked at the first picture in this post I thought what the heck has she made now. A quitar case? No, it was just the chair blending in with the bag fabric. I guess I should put on my glasses before I read stuff...LOL
by the way, I really like your new header. Such pretty projects.

Unknown said...

The bags are great, you were very productive.

Dorothy said...

Great bags, Myra. Hope the weather is improving for you.

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Great projects! I have an X-bag to make up soon too. ;) Love the carrot!