..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Thursday, August 21, 2008

It figures... just figures!!!

Got my binding cut, pressed ready to go. I finished up my label, the sleeve, and am ready to put it all to the quilt, and it starts lightening, thundering, and raining late this afternoon... Assuming that I shouldn't be using my computerized Pfaffy during all this, I stop, unplug, and decide to make supper... A couple hours later I sit here not wanting to do much, thus I watch TV as I play on the comp... My sewing will have to wait for tomorrow... 8-(

Here is a photo of my Christmas fabrics... I am hoping to make a few Christmas items this year. Table toppers, maybe little a wall-quilt... My hopes are always bigger than my motivation and energy, but I keep plugging along, and what gets done, gets done! There is always next year... 8-)

6 comments:

Joyce said...

We were at a funeral and just when everyone stood up at the end, there was a huge thunderclap and all the lights went out. It was a bit freaky. It was quite a storm. I wouldn't have my sewing machines on in all that lightning either.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

You know what Myra? I did the same thing with my sewing machine once it started storming...I was going to sew and then thought NO I don't want anything to happen to my Pfaff. Tomorrow's another (rain-free) day. K

Hazel said...

Isn't this weather the worst ,first thing I always unplug during a storm is my computer ,then my sewing machine .I really don't understand why you are not for hire ,you do such a good job ,what if we pay you in fabric will that work for you LOL.

Donna said...

Part of the appeal of my non coputerized sewing machine -- plug into a surge protector and sew, storm or not :-) And the laptop, has a decent battery so the movies keep on playing :-)

Looking forward to seeing your Christmas work...

Quilter Going Bananas said...

What are you going to make with the Christmas fabric?? curious QGB

Lise said...

That's ok, I would have unplugged too...looking forward in reading more .....