..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Quilting Bloggers Site & small Request...

I was visiting the Quilting Bloggers site today, and was surprized at how much it has grown since my last visit, long ago...

I was also surprized to see that there are only 10 Manitoba quilters that have listed their blogs here... I know, or have met, several of these wonderful quilters.

Are there that few quilters that are blogging in Manitoba? Or, are they not interested in putting their blog out there to share with other fellow Manitobans, Canadians, and the World?

If you are unfamiliar with this site, click on this, "Quilting Bloggers", it will take you to the site. Do check it out my friends! Lots of wonderful, friendly quilt-bloggers out there! If you scroll down, you will find all the different Countries Bloggers, then all the USA Bloggers, and finally the Canadian bloggers...

Request for a quilt friend that moved to Alberta...
Jm, a friend of mine, that moved to...?... I believe it is Red Deer, with her young family back in June. Jm is an enthusiastic quilter of about 3 years now. She has emailed our group here, expressing that she misses sharing and having fun with us, and that she would like to find a quilt group in her area. If any of you lovely quilters out there can direct her or invite her to possibly check out or/and join a group/guild (big or small), please, after a short comment (for Jm to read the possibilities for her out there), email me a contact person and I will pass the info on to her...

Thanks friends... 8-)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Myra,
I hope people in Manitoba, Canada and other countries will get connected and listed with Quilting Gallery.
Yes, it is an amazing site and many friendly quilt-bloggers.
I hope your friend Jm will find a group in her area. I have the same problem/situation where I am in England and I often get great rewards just contacting other quilters and bloggers and taking part on SWAPs and other activities.
I had a fantastic help from a Canadian Lady who helped me sooooo much back in 2008, 2009 and up to 2010 when she had a blog and we often exchanged comments/emails.
She is a very creative/talented and friendly person and due to her own commitments she could no longer keep up with blogging.
I miss you Carol...

Dolores said...

Thanks for the link. I hope more people check it out.

Finn said...

Great post Myra, and a timely reminder about the quilting blog site. Happy to have you stitching with us, I have you down for 2. Hugs, Finn