..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Big damage done at the quilt shop!!!

 Oh my goodness did us four ladies do big damage with our credit cards today at Kickass Country Store!! LOL! 
A birthday sale this week!! We had to go check it out!!! We bought fabrics, books, patterns, kits, charm packs, had lunch out and lots of fun!!! 8-)

Here are the fabrics I bought! 
 One meter cuts, fat-quarters, a charm pack, and Slipper Gripper fabric. (I plan to make little slipper/booties some time in the future with that.)

 This panda panel was a gift I received after my purchases. A birthday suprize from the shop owner! 8-)
 Here is something that intrigued me. 
 I've never heard of Toothbrush Rugs before, but this basket is done in the same method... I shall have to give a go sometime soon... Stay tuned! 8-)

 I will show you more of my purchases over the week...

Pg took us on a lovely drive by a small lake (that I didn't know existed), and there must have been a couple a hundred Canada Geese there!!! 
 It looked like a wonderful place to go for a walk/bike ride on the path there... Better without geese I would imagine. They are so messy...
 Sometimes you just have to dirty your hands...
 DS was over tonight to use DH's tools to do some motor care on his truck, in the dark. He was having trouble taking out old, and putting in new spark plugs. Such a tight fit under the hood with everything in there... DH wasn't here to help (working evening shift), so I offered my smaller hands... Between the two of us we managed... 
So much for my gel nails... 8-(

Have a great weekend everyone!
Myra

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like it was fun damage done at the shop! I can't wait to see your toothbrush basket.

Karen said...

I played a bit with the Aunt Philly's tool and pattern. I can see why they sell starting strips. Starting is the hard part to figure out.

Peggy said...

What great buys - sounds like you hit the mother lode. I remember a time when our DS was fixing a car, from underneath, and he needed an extra pair of hands to put in a screw while he held a heavy something in place. Mine were the only hands available - so there I was under the car, flat on my back, trying to get this screw in - now that was scary - I kept envisioning the car falling down on our heads LOL

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Yay Myra! I'm so glad you could get out and have a fun day! And I'll bet the shop owner was happy to see you! LOL The toothbrush hook looks interesting. Sorry for your nails! Have a happy weekend!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Looks like you had a great shopping trip Myra! Nice stuff!

MGM

Soggibottom said...

I've lots of idea's about the toothbrush rugs, but I am keeping the thoughts to myself :-)
Looks like you had a fantastic time Myra. Lets face it, after a wedding we need recovery time.
Good choice on the panda by the way :-)x x x

Gina said...

Great load of goodies. I can't wait to see what you do with them all

Love and hugs Gina xxx