..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tea-cup Dolly and a trip to the hospital... again!!!

In yesterday's post I showed you the recent magazine that the Tea-cup Dolly pattern is in. Here is the link to the website where the pattern is sold. There are some really cute patterns there... Some similar ones too...
Part of the instructions for the Tea-cup Dolly was missing from the magazine, and can be found on the website. Also there, under tutorials, is a better instruction for working the dolly's arms, which worked out really well...

To finish mine, I need to get to a craft store for some "mini" items...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a some stress in the wee hours of this morning. I was just getting ready for bed at 1:00am when my mother called to say that my dad had another "episode" (info of his 1st in this post a year ago) while visiting with the same friends as last time. This time though, an ambulance ride and an overnight stay at the hospital.
I went straight to the hospital, as did my brother, after Mom's call... We were not impressed with the doc at this hospital. Last time, different hospital, we were told it was a mini stroke. This morning's episode was worse, and 4 times longer than last time. This doc said he just fainted...
If not another mini stroke, I'd say it could have even been a seizure judging by the description from my Mom...
We are waiting for a 24-hour monitor to be available for Dad to wear, again, and my parents will go see their family doc on Monday and ask for Dad to see a neurologist.
Dad seems ok right now... 8-)
Never a dull moment...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With lack of sleep, we are off to a wedding today...
I hope I can stay awake till after the dinner... ;-)

Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Myra

14 comments:

LiaL said...

Oh my gosh! What a scare with your dad. Please give them my love and hugs to all of you.

Dorothy said...

Myra, I'm sorry to read that your Dad isn't feeling too well. Mom had spells like that and it turned out to be her heart. She needed a pacemaker! It took the doctor's forever to figure it out. I hope he will be feeling better and you are all able to have a wonderful Christmas together. Take care.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Oh my Myra! What a night! I hope your dad is ok and his doc can figure out what's going on. Keep us posted.

Love the teacup dollie...but what would one do with such a thing? Just decoration?

MGM

Pat said...

I hope they can figure out what has been happening with your dad. I'm sure that NOT knowing is very stressful.

Hazel said...

Love the doll . Prayers going out for your Dad .

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Sorry to hear about your Dad's problems. It's good he's going to his own doc on Monday. Glad to hear he's okay for the moment.

Joyce said...

Sorry to hear your father has been ill. I hope all turns out well.

QuiltNut Creations said...

oh no Myra! hope he is okay.

Lise said...

Oh Dear Myra, I remember you telling us about this last year... I sure hope they can sort this out for you dad,,,and of course the rest of the family ... hard thing to wait ant wait...... love the tutorial ,,, thanks,,,and please have yourself a good time at the wedding..and sleep well ...

Zlaty said...

Hi Myra,

Thank you so much for posting about the missing link on that pattern.
I hope your Dad is OK. Hope you weren't very tired at the wedding.

Hugs,

Zlaty

Gina said...

I'm sorry about the treatment your father got. I hope that you can get him to see someone else and soon. I'll keep you all in my thoughts

Love and hugs Gina xxx

julieQ said...

I am really sorry you all had to take another trip to the hospital...hopefully everything will be better soon.

em's scrapbag said...

Sorry about your dad. Hope you can find answers soon.

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear about your father.