..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Monday Night...

Being that a couple of our children were working on Sunday, they all took me out for supper last night. The DDs had me over of pre-dinner drinks, and then we went to meet DH and DS at an "undisclosed to me" restaurant after they were done at work. They took me to "The Melting Pot", a fondue place. Collage photo... what can I say? We have fun! 8-)

It was wonderful, but you really need to have the time be able to linger that long. We got there at 7pm, done at 9:30pm... I finally remembered to take a photo when dessert came along!!! I could have shown you all 3 fondues that we experienced!!! It was a "meal for 4 or more" on the menu... First up we had a "cheddar/beer" as well as a "swiss/wine" cheese fondues with bread, followed by ceasar salad. Then we had your "farm fare" and "seafood" fondue in oil or broth pots, accompanied with plates of stirfried veggies and a rice pilaf. Finally, the "fruit/banana bread/marshmallow" white and dark chocolate fondues... It was all very delicious! I would recommend that place anytime... 8-)

I thought I might be headed to Fargo/Grand Forks this morning with my cousin for our annual "April" trip, but we will be holding off for yet another week or so. Seems there are still all kinds of detours due to the flooding in the area...
The clay dikes and sandbags are finally coming down, up here this last few days though, so it shouldn't be long for the water to recede down south too, so that everywhere it is open for traveling again....

This is how my work table has looked since I came home LAST WEEK Monday after the retreat! Yup! It sat like that all week, weekend, till now!!! So, since I am home this week, I think it be time to clear it off today, and get going on a few things! Yesiree... High time!!! lol! 8-) As suggested by some of you lovely ladies, I shall make a list of most important right now to make, to what can wait a bit! 8-)

Check out Millie's blog post here. Heck check out her whole blog while you are there... Talented lady... She's posted about a win she received in the mail, and what looks like a wonderful book for jelly roll patterns... I shall be looking for it when I go down south... 8-)

I believe I have 3 quilt outings this week! My Country Rose group tonight (I think), My Club group tomorrow night, and Wonky Bits on Thursday, so I should have some Sew & Tells for you this week...

7 comments:

Ritobear said...

Mmmmmm looks yummy!! I've heard of the Melting Pot but haven't been there yet!

Dolores said...

I'm so glad you had you had a great dinner with the whole family. Don't worry about the sewing projects - sometimes you just need to read or do nothing.

Pat said...

I remember when fondue was very popular in people's homes...and somewhere I have a fondue pot and fondue forks AND a fondue cookbook...should get that out as it was loads of fun!!! I'm glad you had such a nice evening.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Keeping busy Myra! Your dinner sounded wonderful and your work table really does look like a lot of work! How fun to have 3 quilt outings in one week! Good for you!

MGM

Unknown said...

Seems like a great evening out with your family.

Lilly said...

reading this post made me realize it is almost time for lunch. I am hungry. Glad you had a good time. Boy..it sounds like you have a couple of busy days coming up. Will look for more pics soon. I got such a kick out of the dead kermit!!!!!!!!!!1

Dorothy said...

Looks like you had a great time, Myra. Hope you get away for your "annual" trip soon, sounds like you're ready for a break.