..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Monday, May 4, 2009

Mother's Day gifts come early...

Thursday night, all pre-published posts ready, all I need to do is sleep, and tomorrow pack up the van, shop the fabric store, and off I go to my retreat!
Everything on screen shut down (midnight), but comp not yet off. Ready for bed, DH comes home from work with an early Mother's Day gift for me... I say "Mother's Day is in another week!" He says, "but you can use this on the weekend, open it!"


Golly jee...
WOW!!! lol! 8-)
I'm thinking he snuck a peak at my blog... the bottom of this post in particular...
What do you all think? 8-)

Needless to say, I had to post about it right away...
pitty you'll only read of this in 4 days...
probably before I get home on Monday... supper time! 8-)

Hope you all had a good weekend!

post # 397

18 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

What a nice DH, getting you an early Mother's Day pressie! I bet it came in useful at the retreat! Looking forward to seeing some retreat pics.

Dolores said...

You got a keeper there Myra and now I see even more followers. You are one popular lady. Hope you're not too too tired from your retreat. ;-)

Brenda said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog while you've been away - and I love the light!! That is a great gift!! I hope you have had the best time while away.

Winifred said...

Well that looks a very useful pressie. Might work for my cross stitch. I always have to pull it out the next day when I do it by lamp light.

Have a nice mothers Day when it comes.

Hazel said...

What a sweet hubby you have .Let us know how you like the light I was thinking of getting one myself .

Unknown said...

Lucky you.

Dresden Quilter said...

Hi Myra,

That's a wonderful gift. I just bought one on Ebay and I am anxiously awaiting for it to arrive.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

What a thoughtful guy! That sounds just like the kind of thing my husband would do. Aren't we so blessed to have such sweet men in our lives?

Hope you are having a wonderful time!

MGM

Pat said...

What a nice surprise for you! I'm sure it came in very handy on your weekend.

Lilly said...

make sure to let us know how you liked your little light. Looks interesting....

Lurline said...

Oh, Myra - you have confused me with preparing Posts - are you home?
Hugs - Lurline♥
PS - I guess not as there would be lots of pics!

Unknown said...

What a thoughtful DH .

Karen said...

I recently purchased one of the bendable lights. I like it very much.

Debbie said...

I'd like a light like that it would be very handy.

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky girl ,very thoughtful gifts.
Pg

Anonymous said...

Quilters can certainly have great supportive husbands. Like you, I have one. Keepers.

QuiltNut Creations said...

i have this and i love the extra light it gives me

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Wow, what a great DH! I'll keep reading to see if you liked your light!~ LOL :-)