..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Monday, May 25, 2009

Pincushion from Holland...

Inside this "heart box" (that I made for DD1 when she was about 10 years old) I keep my hand quilting tools....
Many, many years ago (20 to 30 years ago I'm thinking), my cousin in Holland made and sent me this pincushion, made with variegated thread...
It has been well used and well loved...because her hands made it, for me... 8-)
I use it when I do hand quilting and stitcheries...

And it is stored in the "heart box" with my other hand quilting items...
I'm thinking that Lilly should be getting my giveaway win package today or tomorrow, but I guess that I won't know till I get home on Friday... 8-(

No more progress will be done on my Hollyhocks today as I have housework to do before I leave for the States early tomorrow morning...

I must remember to bring some of my blocks from other projects to see if I can match up something to use for boarders... Why do shops not supply yardages to go with the Charm Packs/Jelly Rolls they sell!?!


I have some scheduled posts to pop up while I am gone to keep you entertained... as if!!! LOL!!! 8-)

Have a good week everyone!

6 comments:

Pat said...

How nice to have that specially-made pincushion for so many years. Enjoy your trip and I hope you find some fabrics that make you happy!

Unknown said...

I am too sentimental when it comes to "dead" things that have a story or a meaning to me.

Ritobear said...

I love the blue thread! Have fun on your trip :)

Ritobear said...

I love the blue thread! Have fun on your trip :)

Winona said...

Hi Myra, I love the box you made. I need something like that to keep my handwork in. You pin cushion is lovely and well used. Have fun on your trip. Winona

Dresden Quilter said...

I love the pincushion. I am having the same frustration as you. I have bought/been give jelly rolls and when I go back to buy coordinating fabrics I find that the quilt stores don't have any or only 1 or 2. I don't understand it.