..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Inspiration & PhD 7 Day Count Down...

How is this quilt for inspiration!?!
Machine embroidery (something I've never tried) and applique... Click on the image for a closer look! 8-)
This is a gorgeous quilt that was hanging in the shop I visited in Kelowna.
"Linda's Quilt Shoppe"
Not much to see on their website, but if you are ever in Kelowna, I would definitely recommend visiting this shop... Credit card in hand... An easy 2 to 3 hour visit!!! 8-)

They have many a yummy fabric bolts to look through, and have a big classroom setting, through a hallway in the back...
Lots of wonderful quilts hanging everywhere!!! 8-)

Tomorrow, if time allows, I shall post the quilt to the left of this one on the photo...
Another awe inspiring creation!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tis the start of the PhD, "7-days left", count down to the challenge finally date of June 30th!!!
For those participating in the challenge, I mentioned in this post, that I'd be having a giveaway for the participants of this challenge listed in my sidebar. More on that next Monday...

Participants; Would it be too much to ask each of you to do a post, to pop up on June 30th, featuring a photo of each of your PhD Challenge finishes? No need for a big write up... I will then link to each of them in my July 1st post for other bloggers to visit and "wow" at your wonderful finishes...

I had hope to finish at least 1 more PhD myself, but alas, it was not meant to be... Up to my earlobes in Socials, Showers, Weddings, life, family, and 2 queen size wedding quilts...
2011 can't come soon enough!!! lol! 8-)

Happy stitchings!
Myra

10 comments:

Ritobear said...

Wow, it's beautiful! Love it!

Hazel said...

What a beautiful quilt ,makes me wish I had an embroidery machine .

Winona said...

Myra, that is a beautiful quilt, but way above my skill level and comfort level. (grin) Winona

Zlaty said...

Thanks Myra, how nice of you to have a giveway for all of us! That quilt is an eye candy!

I will do a post with all of my PhD's , that is a great idea! I am hoping to have one more done as well, but we will see how it goes! :)

Happy sewing to you!

Joyce said...

I'll be in Kelowna at the end of July. Hopefully I'll be able to see that gorgeous quilt in person.

Joyce said...

I'll be in Kelowna at the end of July. Hopefully I'll be able to see that gorgeous quilt in person.

Pat said...

That embroidered quilt is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Hmm, I can try to get organized and do a post. I tend to get chaotic with work at this time (literally, doing dishes and taking a shower are hard to accomplish tasks) but will if I can remember. :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

love Linda's shop. beautiful quilt!!

Quilter Raised in the South said...

Hey Myra, I'll be glad to post my finishes! I'll have all but two done, those two are the ones I'm handquilting, and I just can't rush that. I will have my hubby hold up the backs so I can post pics of what is done. thanks

brenda