..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday Sampler @ Six... Block 4

Block 4 - North Star
Notice that one diamond is missing? There should be 8 points! I hand pieced it, and had no room for the 8th one... ? Go figure...? lol! 8-)
You can see the first 3 blocks and the story behind this BOM here...
~~~~~~~~~
Answer to yesterdays question:
If you guessed that it is a key from the old "attach to your shoes roller-skates", then you are correct!!! Don't know where my skates ended up, but I found the key in my childhood tackle box... You know? The guys had all their fishing gear out for last weeks fishing venture, so DH dug out my tackle box at my request... All my tackle was rusty... Hadn't been used in years!!! lol!

Here is a link to our Canadian "Quilter's Connection" magazine (photo of it in previous post). Check out all the headings as you may find something there for you! 8-)

DS, with what looks like bed head hair, with one of the many large fish that the gang caught... Would that be a meal for 4 to 5? 8-)
What am I up to?
- I did my row for my city group's "Secret" Row Robin Project. 9 participants... I will have to be patient to get mine back... it won't happen till February 2011... That is when I can reveal all the rows I did, and the 9 quilt tops when they are done...
- I need to get pieces cut out and ready for a class I'm going to in mid-June...A Christmas table topper... Like I need to take a class? NOT! But I've been wanting to join my ladies in a class with this teacher, Marie Minaudier, so now is as good as ever!
- I need to make a bags and a few more items for the silent action table, for at my daughters' Social fundraiser...
- I need to quilt DD1's wedding quilt...
- and I need to get cracking on DD2's wedding quilt!

Happy stitchings!
Myra

8 comments:

Hazel said...

I'll have to go have a look for that magazine , I'm so happy Pat won .
Wow thats some fish your DS caught ,look at the size of it lol .

Pat said...

I'd not have noticed the missing diamond if you'd not said anything. I think it looks just fine the way it is! That is SOME fish....WHOA!!!

Karen said...

A missing diamond. Doesn't make sense but I certainly like the way the block looks. And I wouldn't have thought a thing if you had not told us.

Joyce said...

My husband would like this diamond better. He likes seven pointed stars.
Where did they go fishing? That one is huge!

Peggy said...

Interesting how those diamonds turned out. Fabulous fish. Got my mag the other day, as good as it always is - and love your quilt! But what I really wonder - does knowing what the roller skate key is tell me how old I am?

Carrie said...

A roller skate key...takes me back to summers skating all over the neighborhood with my key on a string around my neck.

You certainly are going to have a busy summer with the weddings and quilting...but what a fun time for you!

em's scrapbag said...

Love your block.
I think bed head hair is required for catching great fish like that.

Anonymous said...

I've just spent a lovely time visiting your blog too and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Love all the things you've made, especially the bags! Your sampler blocks are gorgeous too.

Teresa xx