It has definitely been a year to remember for my family...
A to the point & mixed overview of 2010...
* 2 daughters engaged
* visits to meet the future in-law families of both our daughters
(one family in Wisconsin - a weekend visit)
* a trip to Kelowna with my mother to visit a great aunt that turned 95
* 2 bridal showers
* bridal invitations, wedding plans x 2, etc
* 1 big bridal/wedding social for both couples (a pre-wedding event)
* Bridal dress shopping (brides, bridesmaids, mother of bride)
* dealing with DS's first major heartbreak (for a few months)
* DS's spontaneous move back home 3 days before DD1's wedding
* 2 daughters' wedding weekends
* 1 wedding weekend in Thunderbay (friends)
* 1 Wisconsin wedding farm reception weekend
* vehicle problems/stalls/repairs
* newer vehicle bought
* revolving door of DD1's stays here throughout the year
* 3 early AM specialist appointments with Dad (I don't do mornings)
* 2 parental major surgeries, plus the hospital visits & after care
* a 1 day fishing trip/missing persons (DH, DS, my bro) for 15 hrs
* relatives from Holland, a visit/stay/gathering here
* several trips to the vets for various reasons
* hives on Ruby...?... why?? concerning
* 4 weekend stays/fur-girls/doggy hotel (new experience for all)
* a great week-long trip to Las Vegas with good friends
* a week long visit at friend's in Thunderbay while
DS stranded with truck troubles in Toronto
* and, sadly, we attended 3 funerals/celebrations of life this year
Then throw in there the quilt related things...
* booking/planning/organizing 2 quilt retreats
* attended 3 retreat weekends
* many quilt shops visited
* fabrics (insulation), patterns, books and mags purchased
* 4 small projects made for choice auction table at social
* made 2 queen sized wedding quilts, plus 4 pillowcases for each
* Saturday & Sunday Sampler tops - one done & one 3/4 done
* PhD Challenge 2010 introduced to the blogging world
* 1 (Sunflower quilt) of 6 PhDs committed, completed
(had good intentions until the year unfolded for us...)
* Phd 2010 conclusion and giveaway
* CCC's (quilt group) BOM started
* CCC's Row Robin project started (9 participants)
* Did some sewing and quilt tutoring with/for friends
* PhD 2011 introduced (50 participants!!)
* small projects started with intention of being Christmas gifts... sigh... Nope! I guess not this year...
* Mom and Dad's Hollyhock wall-quilt,
sadly, still not fully done... 8-(
My year was also full of "good intentions",
that many ended up falling short...
I can't say the "crazies of this year" are done, as 2010 isn't quite over just yet, so you never know what else might "creep in just under the wire"...?...
... And through this all, many of you encouraged, complemented, and congratulated my family and I with wonderful comments, that you took the time to share... Which, during a good part of this year, I hadn't the time nor energy to acknowledge in return.
I give you my sincerest apology with regards to that, and want you to know I read, and appreciated every one of your comments throughout 2010! Now hopefully, this coming year will be more "normal" for my family, more relaxed, and I will be able to blog/visit/comment like I did before 2010 hit us... 8-)
THANK-YOU FRIENDS! 8-)
Wishing you a fun and safe new years eve!