..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Toiletry Bag

One of our gals, Dl, showed us how to make a little zippered pouch, any size you want. 8-)
Her demo pouch was about 6"high x 5" wide x 3" deep.
Yn had a bag of zippers that she shared... 8-)

My toiletry bag had too much mileage on it, garbage, so I was using my DH's toiletry bag for the weekend. So I thought, "Why not make one!?! Since I had just seen a demo!" Besides, I won this wonderful fat quarter in a draw at the retreat that was just perfect! 8-)
I think the next one I make I will try putting batting in it to make it firmer, or maybe line it with a water proof material, which would firm it up a bit too...
It turned out to be a very easy pattern! I will be making more! 8-)
Thanks Dl! Thanks Yn!

Happy stitchings!
Myra

8 comments:

Hazel said...

Great bag ,love the fabric .

Pat said...

That turned out very nice!

quiltmom anna said...

Really lovely toiletry bag- I am sure you will put it to good use in your travels. When someone sees it you can say - and I made it myself!!
Have a great Wednesday.
Regards,
Anna

Brenda said...

Very nice! Love it and it looks like it is much better made than anything you could buy.

Diane said...

very nice, I like the look, the size and especially the fabric!

Annemiek said...

Nice bag but I must warn you: sewing these things is highly addictive :)
A tip to make it more sturdy: fusible fleece on the outside fabric and a medium/light weight fusible interfacing on the interior fabric. When using plastic for the interior beware that every stitch has to be right; you can't rip a seam 'cause it shows. Looking forward to see the next one!

Carrie said...

Cute bag! I have some laminated fabric in my stash that I haven't figured out a use for. I think I might have to try using it to make a bag.

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I have seen the pattern for these somewhere on the net, I have to try one myself. Yours turned out great.