..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Playing Catchup and Mailbox Goodies...

Hello people! Gosh it seems that I am away from my computer more than I am on lately... I've been playing catchup often since the beginning of May!!!

My visit with Thunderbay friend was good. Ht came on an "up with the birds" early flight on Saturday, and I brought her to the airport later last night for her return flight... We had lots to catch up on, and we did. 8
-)
Hope you got home safely Ht! 8-)


That pointy thing sticking up to the sky on this
photo, is the top of our City's restaurant on the bridge... The restaurant is a Salisbury House restaurant...
We found it closed still on our ride home from the airport... 8-(
We went somewhere else for breaky...
On Sunday, Ht and I went to my city quilt group's mini day retreat for an hour visit, and to peek at what everyone was working on... If you want to see some of the show and tells from that day, pop on over to Kh's blog for a look-see, as she has posted some about it... 8-)

This is the Esplanade Riel pedestrian bridge.Which runs alongside the traffic bridge...
We ended up going there for brunch Monday morning...
It was pouring rain out, and we ended up getting a little shuttle ride (extended gulf cart) back to our van after breaky, which is a service they provide on yucky days... 8-)

View from the inside of the restaurant...
Another view from the inside. The 2-tiered roundish green top of that one building is the Royal Crown revolving restaurant... During your meals there, the restaurant does one full turn of the city. Very impressive, especially at night... The building to the right of it with the green peaky roof is the Fort Garry Hotel (history)...
To the right of that is a rounded green dome topped building that is our Union Train Station...

Friend Ht and I went for a nice long walk in a nearby park, Kilcona Park. We had some good one on one, woman to woman, sharing time... Here you see 2 of the 9 ducklings we saw with momma there... The rest disappeared behind the reeds by the time I got my camera out and ready... shucks!
This morning the mailman brought me the goodies that I won from Michelle's blog giveaway... Wonderful quilty note-cards, two table topper patterns, and some Dick and Jane fabrics! Thanks Michelle! 8-)
In photo, left to right, DD1, Mr.Rose, and DD2.
I just thought I would introduce you to DD2's boyfriend of 6 weeks, Mr.Rose... Comes from a family of 10 children, and "Mom" home-schools...
She must have the patients of a saint!!! 8-)
Well, that be it from me for now... time to get caught up on everyone's blog, again!!! 8-)

11 comments:

Ritobear said...

The pics from your visit are so awesome! It looks so cool and clean there. I love the beauties that you got in your package, too! Those Dick & Jane fabrics are precious.

Winona said...

Myra, it sounds like you had so much fun with your friend. Thanks for sharing all the pictures with us. Winona

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Missed you on Sunday but glad to hear
you had a great time and visit with H

Winifred said...

Those photos are great.

My 10 children and teaching them at home! Yes I think they should fast track her to sainthood. Get onto the Vatican now, she deserves it.

Danielle said...

The pictures the bridge and restaurant are awesome. Thanks for sharing! Love the Dick and Jane fabric, I see awesome projects all over blogland with them... Might have to go find some soon!

Pat said...

Loved the little "tour" of your area, Myra...how nice that you had such a good visit with your friend.

Gina said...

sounds like you had a great time with your friend.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Joyce said...

Long ago we lived in St B. near that bridge but of course it wasn't so nice back then. I still haven't been to the restaurant. Maybe this summer. I have been to the Royal Crown though. The food wasn't amazing but the view was. Glad you had such a nice visit.

Dresden Quilter said...

You're welcome! I am glad they have gone to such a great home. The city is so beautiful. I am happy you had a good visit with your friend.

Unknown said...

How is the prize at the Royal Crown? We have a restaurant that goes round like that and it is VERY expensive to eat there.

Brenda said...

I like the bridge and all of the other things you talked about in this post. One thing can be said for home schooling 10 kids....less time worrying about what the other kids are wearing. Just having 10 kids should put her up there with the saints.