..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Yup! You guessed it......

This month I have seemed to be in a slump. Not getting a whole lot of sewing done... It happens fairly often for me... I must say though, I did pretty darn good during my first couple of months of blogging...

I had plans on heading into battle in the sewing room today, but it is hard to do anything in there when you have a finger on your right hand, especially if you are right handed, wrapped in an ice-pack. Lucky I can type with my left hand! 8-)..... Stupid me, I burnt my ring finger taking my mug out of the microwave... very painful without the ice-pack and a very BIG blister!!! I guess I won't be using that mug in the microwave again!!!

Well, DD#2 must be in New Zealand by now! Probably catching up on her sleep! I am not even certain what the time difference is, or if they are ahead of us, or behind? Right now it is Wednesday 1:00pm.... Should se
e if I can find one of our Australian bloggers with a clock..... 8-)








There wasn't enough slope from the house in the backyard, so hubby hauled out about 4-5 trailer loads of dirt from the back yard two weekends ago. Then this past weekend he brought in 1 and a half loads of good topsoil and sod. The grass still needs to be nicely shaped around the flowerbeds, but the yard already looks much better... And there is one of the 5 bunnies that frolic around our home.... 8-)


Hopefully I will have something more exciting to post soon.... like color, fabric, creations!!! 8-)

8 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Ow! Your poor finger! I'll kiss it better when I see you tonight LOL

Ritobear said...

My goodness!!! That blister is just painful to even look at!!! You poor thing. Here's a hug from me :)

Darling Jill Quilts said...

Your poor finger! Hope it feels better soon!

Joyce said...

If you want to know what time it is in NZ check here at the World Time Server.
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_NZ.aspx
For NSW Australia I add three hours and change AM and PM around. It looks like NZ is a bit different.

Bugsy said...

Ouch! Sorry about the finger.

When I first saw the picture I thought of how the mug reminded me of the pink swirl fabric I used on the first Winners Bouquet block I made.

Hopefully it'll get better soon!

Love the quilts and quilted items on the left of your blog!

Cathi said...

Ouch!! That blister looks like it must be really sore!
Adorable bunny!

Brenda said...

That blister looks very painful Myra...hope it heals quickly for you! Injuries are no fun. I love your purses on your side bar...very cool!!!

Unknown said...

You must definitely get rid of that mug! lol Your finger looks like a miniature of the blister that was on my dad's leg a few weeks ago. What an ordeal...but, I digress...Your yard looks great and the bunny is precious. We have several in our front yard, too. Fun to watch.