..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just thought I'd share this with you....

My dad made this windmill for me about 3 years ago. I stands about 2 feet tall.
He had planned for years to get back into his sketching once he retired, but an accident he had at work affected his whole right side of his body, and his hand would not always cooperate with normal daily tasks, never mind the idea of a steady hand for sketching. So, a few years after he retired he started doing some wood work projects. He started with the Eiffel Tower (sorry no photo) that stood about 3 feet tall, a working drawbridge, complete with a boat, as well as small painted cartoon characters for fridge magnets and wall hangings which he sold at craft sales.
This little tin can is from Dutch Cocoa, from when I was a child. Reminds me of being at Grandma's. 8-)

6 comments:

dot said...

That is just to cool. It is amazing how life throughs us curve balls but we seem to grow from them. Well most of us do, and we do things we never thought of doing.

Gina said...

That's fabulous.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Ritobear said...

That windmill is just so awesome!!! I have a couple of things from my dad's stuff, too. Brings back memories, doesn't it...

Annet said...

That's a very familiar tin of cocoa. It's almost the same as the one in my Dutch kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I knew it the moment I saw your pics, before reading a word: you have Dutch roots! Are your parents immigrants? And how's your Dutch?? I have the same tin (among others)in my kitchen..

Brenda said...

He is very talented! I was trying to put together 2 doll houses, but never really completed them, but still have them just in case I want to. I love minature things.