..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Friday, July 4, 2008

My beloved furry friends...

Reading Lurline's last post about her beloved Mishka got me thinking about my past furry family members.... So, I thought I would post photos of them for all you dog lovers.

This is Tiny! I think he was a Min-Pin cross. I got him from a cousin in my early 20s. Cousin could not keep him (apartment living - no pets). I think Tiny was about 6-8 year old at the time. He was a peach! Followed me around everywhere! Never had to put him on a leash. Once married, and with DD#1 at 11 months old, Tiny started snapping at DD, so, not being experienced in child/pet situations, I chose to give Tiny back to my cousin. By this time they lived in their own home, and were very happy to have Tiny back....I think I had him for about 3 years.

We got Heidi in 1990. Half Samoyed, quarter Shepard, quarter Husky, she was an outdoors dog. Our middle child was very afraid of dogs at that time, so our plan to get a pup for the family helped her overcome that fear. She was a very friendly soul. Heidi spent her last 4 retirement years living at a friend's place where she had acres to roam with a buddy named Rocky, who needed a friend. Our Heidi lived to the ripe old age of 14.

We got our Kasza, our first Pug, when I retired from the daycare field. We knew she was blind in one eye, but we did not know she was deaf until about 4-6 weeks later. Beyond her first 1+1/2 years she developed other health issues, and left us at only 4+1/2 years of age. She was a sweetie, and could do tricks to hand signals...for a cookie of course! 8-)

2 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Myra, what a great post! I loved meeting your furry friends; thanks for sharing! QGB

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

I always enjoy reading these animal stories.
Our pets are so important in our lives.