..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Monday, July 13, 2015

Myra's Hide-Away...

Photos from Friday.
Getting settled into my hide-away, slowly but surely, with bits and pieces of furniture from here and there... It doesn't have to match, just needs to be functional and comfortable. 
(I already have a future card night planned for here in two weeks!)
 Every trip there to stitch I bring more things with me... That's why you see the plastic tote in the forefront here. It is sitting by the door to go home with me for more items.
 Getting set up. I was going to set up shop in the large bedroom, but it has been too hot in that South facing room. Seems the A/C barely makes it tolerable for me in the living area, thus I set up in the kitchen.
I busied myself with strip piecing for one project (Summer Solstice), and then attaching charms to a WOF strip for my I Spy quilt for the grandchildren.

Photos from Saturday.
On this day I did some pressing in my "sweat shop" (I'm melting....), and got most of my cross cuts done. Only half showing here.
 I just had to put a few 9-patches together to see how it was going to look. I was worried that the green would be overpowering. Now I'm thinking it might be okay...
 I also did some pressing and cutting on my I Spy, but didn't take a photo. Next time...

I haven't stayed overnight in my hide-away yet, as I haven't stocked the cupboards and fridge yet, nor brought any changes of clothes. Rome wasn't built in a day... Right!?! All in good time! 

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Stay safe!
Happy stitchings!

Myra

No comments: