..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Sunday, March 29, 2009

What a weekend!!!

DH has been ripping the paneling, drywall, and insulation from portions of the fully finished basement rec-room wall, to see why we are getting water in the basement... You wouldn't believe it!!! Boy did I curse when I saw it!!! Isn't it lovely the way people "hide" things when they sell!!! If I knew then, what I know now, I don't know if I would be living here... Am I mad?! You bet!!!

DH's friend D offered to come over this weekend to help... Well, D's "help" is more of joking around, having "drinks", and distracting, but DH enjoys his company... I like D, but can only take D in small spurts, his energy overwhelms me, and this has been a very long weekend for me...if you know what I mean!? So, I am basically spending the majority in my sewing room hiding. You know, out of sight, out of mind? Well, kind of cause D comes in here about once an hour to "check up" on me... 8-/

So, since I am in my sewing room I've gotten caught up on all my blogging friends, watch TV, and for lack of wanting to work on something that needs "thinking", I am doing some mindless sewing with 3 charm packs...again! I am really liking charm packs and jelly rolls! 8-)
Even the fur-girls are hiding out in her with me! 8-)

Here you have Ruby who likes to sit right on me, so this is the compromise we came up with so she can still be very close to me. Can you say "SPOILED"! And then there is Miss Independent, Dora, who is usually just happy to be in the room with me... 8-)










We are having our 3 children over for supper today. Hopefully DH's friend D will be on his way by then... He likes being "Mr.Entertainment Center of Attention" when our kids are here, so a "high time visit" with the kids all together wouldn't really happen with him here... 8-)

DD2 called and asked if she could (if she decided to) bring "Mr. Red Rose" for supper? If you read the last bit of this post, you will know who Mr. Red Rose is... They went to a mutual friend's wedding yesterday, and a few of them all dropped in here for a little visit before the reception... Mr. Rose cleans up nice! Good looking guy too! 8-)

Now, off to make supper....

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Is there anyway you can go back on the sellers and do something about this 'hidden' problem??? I know when we sold our old house (and it was an old house!!) I had the basement torn up.... and my sis-in-law told me I couldn't sell a house in that condition!!! I told her, yes, I can. At least these people will know what they are getting into.... and it sold!!
I do not like surprises either!!!

Oh, and to count your stash, just ...... start... and try to keep counted seperated from uncounted!! ;-) I am just curious to know how much I have gotten over the 7 or so years, I have been doing shopping but not really accomplishing much.

Have a great dinner and I understand complelty about 'D'...... Have fun tonight!! And stay hidden for as long as you need to!!

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Its nice to have a room to hide away when you want to. Looking forward to see how much stash you have.

Lurline said...

Perhaps it would have been wise to pack your fabrics, machine and babies and take off!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Julia said...

That is terrible Myra... I would have been furious too!
I guess you can't get back to the seller, it now looks like being yours to fix..
Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

Mystery solved.
No wonder DH didn't want to stop by after for coffee, he didn't mention that you had company. That was really nice that he was able to make it out to the meeting though. Glad he had help for the unveiling. Sheesh, now what hey? Vegas is out I guess right?
Hang in there GF. Hopefully there is a simple solution.
WK

Joyce said...

Water in the basement is just the worst. Hope you can get it fixed. Is this your first year in the house? Maybe you can get back at the seller or real estate agent.
My DH also has friends who send me scurrying to the studio. Lol.

Lilly said...

Oh, Myra. I sometimes wish I lived in an apartment where the landlord had to deal with any problems. And do the yard work. I can imagine how frustrated you must feel. Looking forward to seeing what your next charm pack project will be.....

Carrie said...

How frustrating. Hope your husband can find a good fix for your water problem. Too bad the sellers weren't truthful with you.

What would we do without our sewing rooms to hide in :)

Unknown said...

I hope D went home before your children came. Are there any news on Ruby?

Bugsy said...

Sorry to hear about the wall. That's a bummer. It seems that DH is real handy, which looks like that works. Although I'm sure he didn't want to spend his time off fixing it. Ugh!