..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Friday, February 6, 2009

Computer play today...

Yup! Total waste of time in some peoples eyes, but I am getting acquainted with my new electronic friend. With a suggestion from Kh, I was able to fix my "squished" problems from last night. Thanks Kh!!! It worked!!! 8-)

I looked through blogs, of some of the lovely people that have been gracious enough to have left me comments, that I have always gotten hung-up and frustrated on!!! Yahoo!!! I had been getting nothing but grief with my old computer trying to view some person's blogs that has a lot of widgets, videos, music, and slide-shows on it, and now it is no problem!!! Yahoo!!! Happy, happy, happy!!! 8-)

We have a 21 day countdown till our end of February retreat! All the gals are getting all geared up for it! It will kind of break up the winter blaaaaas... 8-)
I may have posted a photo of this before, but since I can't access my other photos yet (on other comp) I managed to grab this photo from my face-book account... The photo is of a small wall-quilt I made about 3 years ago for my mother's new apartment Kitchen. She has an ugly electrical panel sitting in plain site that needed hiding... 8-)
In looking at it now, I see I should have made a darker beak, and that the tail could have been laid out more straighter. Shush Myra! You are your worst critic!!! 8-)

That be it for today!
Happy stitchings!
Myra 8-)

6 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Glad your monitor is looking better. DH told me to tell you how to fix it.

Gonna do any quilting this weekend?
I can't wait for the retreat, 20 more days :^)

Gina said...

Glad you are getting better acquainted with your new computer

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sipiweske Quilts said...

I'm glad you're not viewing everything in "squished" mode anymore . . . makes life more realistic I bet. Love the little wallhanging and how it is serving a very specific purpose for your mom - double duty item! - Marlene

Brenda said...

Just curious if those are hand appliqued? I am so critical of my stuff, I won't even post them on the net sometimes. Ha...but to me it looks great and I'm sure your Mom appreciates it.

Pat said...

That little quilt is adorable. You are right...you are your own worst critic...and I think we all do that to ourselves. *sigh* Congratulations on the new computer and how nice that DD2 set it all up for you!

Bugsy said...

Its a very pretty quilt. I think the beak issue also draws the viewer in to see the beak that we expect to be there.

It looks like the background has some colors in it, faint. That would be a neat treat to see when moving closer. Adds depth to the quilt!