..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Friday, June 27, 2014

Ostrich Project

A while ago I instigated a project for quilters to follow along on. All participants were to give me three suggestions for me to throw into the hat. Suggestions could be a method, a block pattern, or shape. Then once a month I would do a draw from the hat. It was a 13 month project, and your could "hide your head in the sand" once during that time, and not do the chosen suggestion. So if say, you didn't like applique, you could bow out that month. The project was to be whatever you wanted to create, be it a full size quilt, a small wall-quilt, a tote, whatever. 

I chose to do a small wall-quilt. Photo is kind of blurry, and was taken at a bit of an angle, so it looks not squared, but I assure you, it is...
The picks for each month was, 9-Patch, Churn Dash, Bow-tie, Dresden, Flying Geese, Star, Circles, Applique, Triangles, Seminole, Paper-Piecing (my head in the sand choice), Square in a Square, Piano Keys... 

Now to sandwich, quilt, and bind...

You can see Joanne's project here... She made a lovely bed runner.

Enjoy the summer weather!

Myra

4 comments:

northernknitter said...

Nice to see you back Myra! Quilting at Crescentwood this Sunday .... Yvonne xo

northernknitter said...

Nice to see you back Myra! Maybe see you tomorrow at Crescentwood - Yvonne

Peggy said...

What a lovely quilt! Your projects are always so great - sorry I missed this one! Good to see you back again!

KaHolly said...

I just came from Joanna's site and hers is beautiful! This was a good idea.