..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Sunday, October 2, 2011

On my retreat weekend...

 I put together Septembers BOM...
Paper- pieced... 
 The BOM group project is supposed to be "EASY", that every level of quilter in our group can accomplish... Not so with this block, and way to time consuming!!!

I put together a jelly roll. Quite a few quilters are doing it like this right now. I won the jelly roll at the Carberry Retreat in the Spring...
 I plan to put some applique on it. Some of the gals suggested a silhouette. We'll give it some thought, and do some creating on it later, after I get more of my PhDs done...

I also put together a table runner
out of a Charm Pack. 
 Did it in 4-Patches the Billy Lauder way...

We had a cute little visitor...
 ...that tended to "linger" after someone
gave it a bowl of milk... lol!

We had a wonderful weekend with lots of wonderful creations on the go, and good eats...

Time to plan the next retreat! 8-)

Myra

5 comments:

Peggy said...

Mmmm....paper-pieced blocks look so wonderful, but oh, the work! Love the Jelly Roll 1600 - looking forward to seeing the end result! Great table runner, too!

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Nice projects Myra. They all look great! Whats you thoughts on the jelly roll quilt(by the way I thought it was lovely)...was it fun. I've wanted to try one, but have been hesitating and a bit afraid.

Pat said...

I enjoy paper-piecing and know it well enough to say that I'd never say that block is easy for a beginner. I suspect some people might have become frustrated if they were beginners and doing that block! I'm glad you had such a productive retreat!!!

Ellen said...

The block may not have been easy but it certainly is pretty. You got a lot accomplished!

em's scrapbag said...

The block is stunning! Applique will be perfect on your quilt. Can't wait to see what youcome up with. The runner is sweet.