..... QUILTING FOREVER, HOUSEWORK WHENEVER .....

Friday, November 13, 2009

Wonky Bits day yesterday...

It was a Wonky Bits day yesterday! We gather twice a month on a weekday. A fun bunch of ladies!!! Always something at hand... 8-)

This is Pg's quilt-as-you-go Halloween quilt. She found she had way too many Halloween prints in her stash, thus a quilt is being made... You saw a peek of these blocks here on the retreat post... Pg was going to call it done at this size, but has decided to add a border. I think she said piano keys...?
Looks great Pg!
This skinny little wonder is of Lp's hands. She needed a long narrow "something" showing winter to hang in a narrow space in her kitchen. I think this guy fits the bill!!! Too cute Lp! 8-)
And Lp finally finished her quilt top of the "Simple Country Sampler"!!! Yay Lp!!! Pattern by Lydia Quigley, The Rabbit Factory. That pattern class is where the two of us first met...?...5-6 years ago? Anyway, mine is not "done" yet either.
...Looks great Lp! 8-)
This is Jb's finished envelope bag. Turned out wonderful Jb! 8-)
Other ladies did envelope bags, but my photos were too blurry to show them... 8-(

These are Es' busy hands. Crochetting away... Lovely work Es! 8-)
I did some more work on my secret projects...

Tomorrow I've got an early departure from home, for a 2 hour drive, to a quilt gathering to meet M of Sipiweske Quilt Designs. I am looking forward to meeting her in person. Apparently, there will be ladies at this event that I will recognize from a retreat I go to out that way once a year...
I best get packing! I was asked to bring some "sew & tell"!!!
Should be fun! 8-)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Myra

PS: Surprise, surprise, DD1 now has a boyfriend...
Since Thanksgiving, known him for 5 years, he lives in Wisconsin.
That's just next door, isn't it?!

8 comments:

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Great projects Myra! All those ladies do such nice work! I love the Halloween quilt with the black strips in between the blocks, and that long skinny snowman is too cute! Of course the bag caught my eye...nice! The picture of Es crocheting could be my own mother! That looks like quite the project she is working on!

Have a great trip..take pics!

MGM

Karen said...

The quilt with the house is my favorite of what you show today. The snowman is a close second. You certainly have a productive group of quilting friends.

Soggibottom said...

These are all beautiful Myra.
You have a great weekend too.
x x x

Pat said...

Your group did some nice projects...thanks for sharing them. Have fun tomorrow!!!

Lise said...

wow , great quilting and crocheting.. love them all.. and have a great time at the retreat...andhappy stitching...

Joyce said...

I love that first quilt. Enjoy your time with Marlene.

Corrie said...

Myra, I'm really enjoying your blog. Need to go explore some more. Looks like you have lots of great friends to create with.

em's scrapbag said...

What a great way to use the halloween fabrics.
I love the skinny snowman.